- Provide and serve refreshments at the September Open Houses
- Organize refreshments for Teacher Appreciation Week in May
- Organize Senior VIP Day (Grandparent's Day) at Primary and Elementary; Provide refreshments and paper products for each classroom
- Organize Panther Parents and Room Parents for grades K-5; collect and distribute party money
- DNA swabbing at Primary (and new students at the Elementary) in the Spring
- Host and serve refreshments at the August Second Grade Ice Cream Social
- Provide refreshments and prizes for Students of the Month at high school
- Provide two $500 scholarships to graduating seniors
- Organize and provide food and paper products for high school senior breakfast in May
- Manteno's Oktoberfest – We work with the Oktoberfest Committee to organize Cow Pie Bingo, Guitar Hero Contest, and more!
We also distribute funds raised from various fundraisers to teachers who present their requests for special projects or items they use in the classroom. For example we recently provided funds to help replace the stage curtain at the Middle School, purchase a yearly subscription to Brain Pop, Jr. (used at the Elementary School), and Brain Pop (used at the Middle School), supplies for the High School P.E. Department, butterfly kits for the 4th graders, and so much more!
How does the PTO raise funds for all of the above?
- Market Day – on a monthly basis, we process orders, unload delivery truck, sort items, and distribute the orders.
- Kid's Holiday Shop/Pictures with Santa/Craft Show at the Elementary School (November)
- Staff the school supply cart at Elementary School every Monday morning (7:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.)
- Collect orders for Back to School supply kits; purchase items and assemble kits ourselves to save parents money and then distribute kits in August
- Organize Ford Drive One For Your School fundraiser
- Easter Eggstravaganza/Easter bunny pictures
- Administer Staples Reward Program – By recycling personal and commercial ink cartridges, we receive vouchers from Staples and then purchase much-needed supplies for teachers as requested on an ongoing basis.
- Collect orders for school supply kits; purchase items and assemble kits ourselves to save parents money; distribute kits in August
- Organizing various fundraisers throughout the school year.
We can always use volunteers! Sign up today! We'd love to meet you! Our meetings are on the first Monday of each month at the Elementary School Library.